This simple soup is not only easy to make, but it is very low in fat and calories as well.
makes: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1 cup Stonyfield lowfat plain yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoon flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a small stock pot, heat olive oil, over a medium-high flame.
- Once hot, add ginger, onions and garlic, and sauté until onions begin to soften and turn translucent in color.
- Add carrots, vegetable stock and rice, and simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots break apart easily.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree the soup until smooth. Return the soup to the pot, and heat over a medium flame.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and cornstarch, and blend until well mixed.
- Stir this mixture into the soup, being careful not to bring the soup back to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with a dollop of plain yogurt.
For more delicious recipes using Stonyfield organic yogurt, visit http://www.stonyfield.com/recipes/