#LivingTo100: Beware of common chemical hazards

#LivingTo100: Beware of common chemical hazards

Carbon monoxide
Unintentional carbon monoxide (CO) poisonings account for about 15,000 visits to the emergency room each year. Everyone is susceptible to the odorless, colorless gas, but older adults are more vulnerable to CO poisoning because they are more likely to have a health condition that lowers their tolerance for it.

Carbon monoxide lurks in enclosed or semi-enclosed spaces around your stove and heating system.

How to avoid it carbon monoxide poisoning:
– Install carbon monoxide detectors near kitchen and sleeping areas.
– Have heating systems and stoves checked annually.
– Avoid the use of nonvented combustion appliances.
– Never burn fuels indoors except in stoves or furnaces designed for that purpose.
– Know the symptoms: headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion.

#LivingTo100

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...

CommentLuv badge