Did you know makeup has a shelf life?
- Mascara and liquid eyeliner should last 3 to 4 months. If you get an infection, such as pink eye say goodbye sooner.
- Eye shadow, blush, and face powder can last up to 2 years! However, if it gets suspiciously crumbly or shiny, toss it.
- Lip gloss, lipstick, and lip balm can last a year with a wand and 2 years with direct or brush application. It is time to throw it away sooner if you get a cold sore or other lip infection.
- Pencils usually last about 3 years. Get rid of your pencil sooner if it becomes unusually dry or melts.
- Liquid foundations last up to 2 years. Discard foundation sooner if the color changes or separation occurs.
Love makeup? Give yourself a makeup makeover! Makeup products that carry a 100% organic or 75% organic label are lower in unhealthy chemicals such as synthetic dyes, artificial fragrances, and petrochemicals. Organic or all-natural makeup are derived from naturally occurring mineral pigments and organic plant extracts, plus oils and waxes. This makes organic makeup more gentle and less reactive with sensitive skin that more conventional makeup options.