Fat! Fat! Fat!
I am completely fed up with obesity and you should too.
In most cases, obesity is completely unacceptable. In a country where we have significant opportunities to eat healthy, exercise, and take care of our health, there is no reason why 20% of adults over the age of 20 years old should be obese. We are prescribing ourselves a slow, painful death. We must stop now.
Did you know?
– Obesity is the #2 cause of preventable death in the United States
– 60 million Americans, 20 years and older are obese
– 9 million children and teens ages 6-19 are overweight
– Being overweight or obese significantly increases the risk of health conditions and diseases including: Breast cancer, Coronary heart disease, Type II diabetes, Sleep apnea, Gallbladder disease, Osteoarthritis, Colon cancer, Hypertension and Stroke
Childhood obesity is getting completely out of control. We are doing a major disservice to our children. Let’s stop it now!
– 4% overweight 1982 | 16% overweight 1994
– 25% of all white children overweight 2001
– 33% African American and Hispanic children overweight 2001
Why the significant increase in obesity rates?
Children don’t play outside anymore. They, along with adults spend countless hours a day sitting in front of a television or a computer. Fast food also plays a major part in the obesity epidemic. We ENHALE calories by the thousands when we eat at fast food burger joints. We need to go back to eating the original fast food: fruits and vegetables.